Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I'm a momma's girl. And a spoiled momma's girl at that! Yeah that's right, I'm a spoiled 37 year old momma's girl! When I was little, I cried everytime my mom left the room. One day, my grandpa decided enough was enough, so he took me to his aunt's house. He said when I stopped crying, he would take me back. I cried for 3 hours straight before I finally gave up. This did actually cure me from melting down everytime my mom left my sight, but even now I still don't like to go too long without seeing my mom! We talk on the phone nearly everyday. We shop together. We go on trips together. She helps out with my kids school projects. We love working on the kids Halloween costumes together.And now that my office re-located I am closer to her so I can meet her after work for dinner some nights. My mom has always been there for me no matter what. Whether it was to celebrate with me during happy times or wipe my tears during sad times, I can always count on my mom. I am thankful that when I was growing up she didn't take any crap from us.I am sure there were times when we thought she was the meanest mom in the whole wide world! But I think this helped all 3 of us grew up to be respecful adults. I saw my mom do without so we could have what we needed. And most of the time she did without so we could have what we wanted as well. This too taught me to put my own children first. A lot of my parenting is the mirror image of how I was raised. And I know for a fact that I have now taken on the title as "the meanest mom in the whole wide world"! Mom was a softball coach, a girls scout leader and for a few brave summers, she was even a baseball coach for my brothers team. She had so much patience! I think you would have to in order to be a coach to bratty pre-teen girls and obnoxious pre-teen boys! Patience or not, she didn't take any crap! She threw the neighbor off the baseball team when he decided to yell the "F" word at the umpire. And I learned that just because I was the coaches daughter, I wasn't exempt from being benched. I found that out the day I said "You can't bench me. I'm your daughter"! Yeah, big mistake!!!! I sat out for the next 3 innings. I knew better than to say anything else if I wanted to play!!! That is my mom! She is loving and nurturing, but she doesn't take any crap! I wouldn't have her any other way!

My mom truly is the best momma ever! I know that a lot of other's think the same thing, but my mom holds the title! I love you Mom!!!!

Mom, Travis, Bryson, Jordan and I at Travis and Dawne's wedding in 2000


Mom and I at a Colts game


This was the Dill's Devils team picture. My Mom's name is Angel, so we wanted to be called Angel's Angels. She vetoed that and we became the Dill's Devils! What's up with that???

We were the Rowdy Reds this year. I guess we grew from Devil Girls to Rowdy Girls!


This was our last Christmas with Trevor in 1996. He passed away in September of 1997. Mom got to be with all 3 of us that year. Travis and Trevor both got to come home on leave. I will always cherish that Christmas!



Mom holding Trevor, me, our cousin Michael and Travis

Rocking with my momma!

Mom, Travis and I in 1976

Me, Trevor and Mom in the early 90's



My mom, my cousin Corinna and I at our Indy trip last summer. We have another one planned for this summer! Can't wait!

Summer fun with my mom!


Angel quotes:

"Do as I say. Not as I do".

"I ask you once. I tell you once and if I get to 3? Strike 3 you're out!"

And my all time personal favorite:

"Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!" This one was used when we were mad and stomping out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment