Friday, March 27, 2009

A Little Update...

I guess it's been a few weeks! The 14th was Dusty's birthday. My baby is 9 years old! How did this happen? We took him shopping in Lafayette and met Mom and Ricky up there. Mom always lets the kids pick a place to eat lunch on their birthdays and Dusty chose Golden Corral. For most people, they eat there because of the variety of food. For Dusty, it's because he wants the rolls dipped in cheese! He spent his birthday money on a new skateboard, a new pair of shoes, a tshirt and fish for Jordan's aquarium. Seriously! I took a 9 year old birthday shopping and didn't step one foot in the toy or electronics section! Now, Dusty already has 2 pairs of tennis shoes, but he wanted a new pair. Didn't NEED them, WANTED them! That's my boy! Kinda makes me nervous for when he's a teenager when I think of how much he likes new clothes and shoes now! He took treats to his class on the 16th. Again, he's not the normal kid taking in cupcakes, he always wants to take juice and doughnuts. Which is fine by me, I get out of making cupcakes!
This week was spring break for the kids. They went to mom's from Saturday to Tuesday. Yay! Peace and quiet! Except, Steve and I both had colds. Stopped up noses and sore throat. YUCK! So, Saturday after I took them to mom's, I went home and took a long nap. When Steve came home, we watched his recorded episodes of Bull Run and pretty much went to sleep! How's that for a wild child free night? We cleaned carpets on Sunday. Steve went through and vacuumed everything and I went behind him and shampooed. I have to say I was disgusted by the dirty water! How in the world does it get so dirty?
Wednesday, I decided that I was going to start painting Bryson's room. I've only had the paint for almost 2 years! I think I may be a little bit of a procrastinator! But, Steve kept saying we'd both work on it. And we had to peel that wallpaper off first. Well, I got tired of waiting on my helper! So, we began our journey on Wed. I've never painted in my life! And in a perfect world, we would move everything out of Bry's room. But have any of you ever seen Bry's room? It would take days to clean it all out! So, I decided we'd do one wall at a time. We moved everything from one wall. Going through and throwing stuff away as we went along. Then we peeled the wall paper off, then primed it. We are painting the bottom half blue and the top half white. So, I painted the white part and after it dried, started the blue. I thought I had my tape perfectly straight, but when I peeled it off, my line wasn't nearly as straight as I thought my tape was! Oops! Guess that's what pictures are for! To hide the imperfections! So, tomorrow, we'll start another wall. Mom is coming up to help this time. Maybe she'll have some suggestions on what to do with my imperfect line. I had a border to put on it, but Bry doesn't want a border! When did she become a teenager and get an opinion in this matter? So, wish us luck! We're gonna need it!
Oh, and Steve's shoulder is healing very quickly! yay! I know he is feeling a lot better. Well, his shoulder anyway. Can't really say the same for his sinuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment