Sunday, February 13, 2011

He's 14!!!!


Jordan turned 14 today. 14 years ago, he couldn't wait just one more day so we could have a firecracker baby and a Valentine's Day baby! Oh well, he stole my heart a day early that year! I am not sure where the time has gone. I know I still feel like the 23 girl that had him. I may not look like it, but I feel 23! It's just really hard to believe that the once super chubby baby boy has turned into the tall lanky kid that he is today. He used to say he was going to marry the two twins in his preschool class, McKenzie and McKayla and his Aunt Dawne. I think they may have some competition now as he seems to be talking to a different girl everyday! He's been busy on this birthday weekend. Yesterday, he had an all day choir concert. I picked him and his friend Bryce up from there and we met Mom and Ricky for dinner. Mom always takes the kids out to dinner for their birthdays. He really wanted Texas Roadhouse, but Mom called and said they couldn't even get into the parking lot because they were so busy. People must have all been going out for their Valentines dinners. So, we settled for Grindstone Charlies and were under strict orders not to reveal that it was his birthday. He didn't want anyone singing to him! Including me! I tried to wake him this morning singing happy birthday. He didn't love it so much... Anyway, after dinner we went to the mall so he could spend some of that birthday money that was burning a hole in his pocket. And then this morning, he went to church, then stayed after so he could help out with the Valentine's dinner there. He's been a busy boy! So, I will have to make his cake and dinner tomorrow night. It makes me weepy to think he will be 16 in just 2 years! Happy Birthday Jordan! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment