Monday, February 21, 2011

All Alone and I Kinda Like It!

Sshhh, you hear that? That's right, you don't hear anything! Because it is silent in my house today! Steve is at work and the kids are at school. And I am enjoying my last federal holiday that will allow me to be home alone until Columbus day! All of the other federal holidays are also days where my family gets to be home too. The kids were supposed to be off today also, but the snowstorm a few weeks ago caused them to have to go to school today to makeup the days they missed. Don't get me wrong, I love being with my family. But sometimes it's just nice to have the house to yourself. I was starting to feel kind of bad for feeling this way. I would get on Facebook and one person is desperately missing her kids while they were at school. Another was pining for her husband while he was at work. And I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me! Why am I not missing my family? Here's the thing, I do miss my kids when they are gone somewhere for a few days. And I miss my husband when I am away from him for a day or two. But, that doesn't happen very often. I understand there are divorced people who have to be away from their kids every other weekend and on holidays. I would HATE that! So, I would probably cherish every minute I had with them. But, Steve and I aren't divorced, so we don't normally get time away from the kids. They do spend a lot of Sunday afternoons with my dad and Sharon. That is nice. I also get every other Wednesday off and they are in school. The problem with those days??? Those are the days a week that Steve is off! So, it is very rare for me to have the house to myself. I can clean without anyone being in my way. And I can have my music on while I am cleaning. As loud as I want! I can take a nap without anyone bothering me. I can watch whatever I want on the TV in the living room. It's just NICE! And I have decided I'm not going to feel bad about it! As the old saying goes "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"! Now if I can just find somewhere for the 2 dogs and 2 cats to go, It would be even better!

1 comment:

  1. YOU HAG! I am at work all alone reading your BLOG. I just found out that the courthouse is closed today because of the holiday. I came in to work for NOTHING. Since I have a board meeting tonight I will work on my financial statement, but only after I read your blog. Love you lady and enjoy the peace and quiet!

    ReplyDelete