Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm Back!!!

Hello....Remember me??? I know it has been a long time. I had lots of things to blog about. I just didn't get my butt in gear and do it! Let's see... In June, Mom, Corinna and I went to the Wine Festival in Indy. Fun, Fun time! July 4th, Bryson turned 16! Yes, I said 16! She started working at the ice cream stand here in town. Which meant, she officially became a tax paying citizen! The school started up a drill team to march with the band, so she joined. She dropped a flag on her nose and we thought is was broken. It wasn't. Just swollen and bruised. She's never home. I'm thinking of renting her room out. I have to almost make an appointment with her to spend time with her. She has a boyfriend. And although we had to take baby steps, her dad does let her go places with him a car. Wasn't sure I'd ever see the day when he would allow that!
In August, we went to South Carolina on vacation. Had a great time! The kids have now started back to school. So, we now have the chaotic mornings again! I think I liked it better in the summer when I could have the bathroom to myself and go to work, leaving them all asleep in their beds. Although, my grocery bill has gone down quite a bit! Dusty decided to play in the band this year. He is playing the alto saxophone. He is using Sharon's old sax, which has been passed down through the kids in the family for years! And Sharon said her older sister had it first and her parents bought it used. She figures it's about 60 years old! The repairman at Paige's music said he needs to take extra care of it because it is hard to find replacement parts for an instrument that old. That's the one he wants to use. He seems to like band. We got a new director last year and the kids all seem to really like him. He has done a lot for our band program. Sure hope he sticks around! Sadly, Dusty decided to break him Mama's heart and not play football this year. I do think he misses it some. A couple of his friends came up the other day and they played football in the park. He said he kind of wishes he would have played. Keeping my fingers crossed for next year! Jordan seems to be really be liking 8th grade. That kid has gotten so darn witty in the past year or so. He has this dry sense of humor that just cracks you up! He has really taken a liking to music. His taste seems to be the older stuff- The Beatles, The Who, AC/DC, Queen, Nirvana. When he was looking for T-shirts for school, he picked out a Nirvana shirt, which was one of Trevor's very favorite bands. I had a Kurt Cobain t-shirt of Trevor's that I had kept, so I got it out and gave it Jordan. Uncle Trevor would be proud!
Well, it's late and I have been playing blog catch-up for a few hours now. Scroll down and you will see pics of everything I have mentioned in this post. Make sure you hit "older posts" because there's more on the next page! I am going to try and do better about keeping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment